11/06/2010

And How's Your Head?

Today we went to Taco Bell for a quick lunch.  I hate to admit it, but it's true; I don't always eat organic vegan meals.   So there I was, standing behind a blonde woman in a fleece vest, henley shirt, and jeans, waiting to order Mexican-style-ish food.  Suddenly, the Casual Thursday woman sees an employee approaching from the "kitchen" or "assembly line" and loudly exclaims to her,
"I tried it!  It was WONDERFUL! So good, I wish I had ordered it before!" 
She was about to order food, she was talking about food she had recently tried, and she was remembering  food she wished she had ordered differently.  And she was at Taco Bell.   And she didn't weight 350 pounds.  Something was up.

This woman continued to rave on about the deliciousness of "it" to the girl from the assembly line while the employee behind the register waited patiently.   She finally realized that there were people in line behind her and she whips around and shouts generally in the direction of my face,
"We are talking about their extra-large chalupa! It's SO good, you should order it!"
And then she turns back and quickly places her to go order and steps aside.

I felt bad about stepping up and ordering something completely different from her recommendation, but I can't eat beef.  And I really can't eat beef and cheese.  And then she said it...

The loud, oddly not obese, Taco Bell enthusiast says to her friend,
"I wonder if you can get whiplash from falling and hitting your head, because my neck is killing me!"
I am glad her order was "to go" because I had to hold my breath until they left.
----------------------------------------------------------

BWAHH-HA-HA-HAAAAAAAA!!!!!  That explains it!

No comments: